The District Church new Ministry Center was completed and opened in Northeast DC. The building that houses the new Ministry Center was built in 1940 as a 22-room convent for Dominican sisters committed to preaching and teaching the truth of Christ. The building has a rich spiritual history as a place of study, prayer, and housing for many respected scholars and religious leaders connected to Catholic University.
Renovations involving the complete gutting of interiors on three floors and a basement included new roofing, HVAC systems, pavement, and incoming water service. The Center will serve as the home of The District Church staff, DC127 (who recruit, train, and empower foster care families), Just Homes (to equip local churches in DC to build and invest in affordable housing), and serve those experiencing housing instability), and a new counseling and recovery ministry. TW provided pre-construction services for more than a year preceding the completion of this important DC Ministry.