- This project involved a new pad site structure for a community center facility, benefitting residents in surrounding townhouses and apartments and providing space for management offices.
- TW served as general contractor and coordinated the entire project including:
- Preparation of the site for construction
- Installation of new utility and storm water systems
- Shoring for a pile-supported retaining wall
- Construction of the wood-framed structure that included a shingle roof, cupola with cultured stone and vinyl siding, and all interior finishes
Why Therrien Waddell
- The award of this project to TW was accomplished through a competitive and detailed proposal, which instilled confidence in the owner of TW’s competence.
Challenges and Results
- There were numerous challenges at the beginning of the project: permitting issues, high water table, poor soil conditions, and utility issues. Facing the challenges, the TW team methodically resolved each complication through proactivity and communication.
- The project was completed on schedule—to the satisfaction of the owner—despite the numerous difficulties and setbacks.