- This project won the National Association for Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP) award for Best Industrial/Flex Office Building.
- The award-winning project involved construction of a new two-story headquarters/warehouse structure and expanded parking area that complemented the client’s separate existing facility.
- The ground floor on the compact site was excavated as deep as 16 feet below grade for warehouse and loading operations. The second floor, finished as a stylish corporate headquarter offices, featured custom finishes with interior glass wall panels, stained millwork and trim, and state-of-the-art lighting features.
- As general contractor, TW was responsible for establishing budgets and schedules and executing the construction.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- TW’s history of collaboration with the architect and design professionals paved the way for selection for this project.
- With an impressive resume of extensive experience in similar projects, TW quickly established a rapport with the client and demonstrated a commitment to successfully manage the project.
Challenges and Results
- The building site was in the vicinity of an airport, requiring FAA approval for the tall cranes needed to erect structural steel.
- Configuration of the building site presented a challenge to the required deep excavation. Sheeting and shoring were used to retain surrounding soils until the foundation walls were poured and backfilled.