- This landmark luxury car dealership in a prime location consisted of ground-up new construction of a 35,000-sq. ft. showroom, service bay, parts area, sales and show room, and office/meeting rooms.
- TW was chosen to perform as a negotiated construction manager-at-risk for this out-of-state owner. TW collaborated with the architect’s design team and the owner, serving as liaison with the city permitting authorities and working with the civil engineer on site permitting issues.
- This was the first of several projects for this client, laying the foundation for future successful project collaboration.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- TW had trusting relationship
swith local government agencies, providing credibility to ease permitting obstacles.
- Equally strong relationships with local engineering firms helped TW facilitate plan processing.
- TW demonstrated a willingness to work in concert with the owner on budget, pricing, and schedule, making it a true partnership.
Challenges and Results
- This was a complex project, and the TW team faced multiple obstacles:
- Site work revisions required an extensive underground storm water storage structure to accommodate stipulations of an adjacent country club.
- The local municipality required an alternate design for a retaining wall. TW gathered options and design solutions to accomplish the change.
- TW saved the owner approximately $100,000 by identifying local vendors that provided competitive pricing on light fixtures.