- Continuing a long-standing client relationship with JBG Rosenfeld Retail Properties LLC, TW constructed a new 4,000 SF retail shell building designed to accommodate multiple tenant leases in the future.
- TW’s scope of work included on-site storm drain upgrades, new and relocated utility services, site lighting modifications, parking lot reconfigurations, and landscaping in an existing suburban shopping center.
- Serving as construction manager at risk for the owner, TW provided pre-construction services and coordinated all construction operations.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- Our history of success on previous projects for this client – including retail renovations and new buildings at Freestate Mall Shopping Center (Bowie, MD), Jared Jewelers (Rockville, MD), Pike Plaza (Rockville, MD), and King’s Crossing (Alexandria, VA), among a few examples.
- TW repeatedly demonstrated ability to maintain cost estimates, meet retail deadlines, take initiative, and perform as a trusted partner.
Challenges and Results
- Concerns for safety, maintaining customer access, and minimizing retail business disruption were paramount in this very active shopping center.
- TW achieved the client’s budget and schedule goals, delivering the finished building in time for new tenant interior construction to proceed in accordance with leasehold commitments.