- Serving as the general contractor, TW managed staging, sequencing, installation, testing, delivery and execution of the complex interior renovation of four floors of occupied commercial office space.
- This project included major upgrades to data center areas on multiple floors, as well as creation of new office spaces and extensive HVAC upgrades and reconfiguration services.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- Not only was TW the most qualified bidder, but our home office in the building provided the client with an additional advantage – TW was on site at all times to coordinate the project and deal immediately with issues.
- TW had an existing relationship with Hughes Network Systems—another example of TW’s gift for building enduring and trusting industry partnerships.
Challenges and Results
- TW achieved the goal of zero down-time of the client’s satellite communication services during the project, through vigilant management and sequencing of all phases of work.
- After-hours work was performed to avoid disruption of office workers. Furnishings were moved and repainting and recarpeting were sequenced to maintain the daily flow of business.
- Careful sequencing and phasing was required for the successful replacement of existing glycol-cooled air conditioning units with new Glycool air conditioning units. This task was accomplished in conjunction with replacing raised flooring in operating data center areas.