- The location of this new daycare center was different from the other Goddard schools built by TW. This center is located in an existing office building rather than in a new free-standing building.
- First-floor tenant fit-out included demolition of existing interior offices to accommodate a 12-classroom daycare facility with new exterior storefront entries, restrooms in each classroom, two outdoor playgrounds, ornamental fencing, drainage system, and block retaining walls.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- TW had worked with this owner-architect-team on previous Goddard school construction projects and was chosen, once again, in a competitive process to serve as construction manager and general contractor.
- Selection factors included TW’s prior knowledge of the owner’s objectives and values as well as the trust earned through successful collaboration, cost control measures, schedule achievement and contribution of solutions.
Challenges and Results
- When owner changes required unforeseen permit revisions, TW helped forestall a potential schedule delay by changing project phasing and working on portions that were not affected by the permit. Concurrently, TW helped expedite processing of the permit.
- The slope of the playground site presented unanticipated challenges. The team’s collaboration quickly yielded a solution that mitigated the issue and made way for a safe outdoor play area for children of the community and for employees in the rest of the building.