- TW was selected as general contractor to coordinate work for the exterior revitalization of a 1962 strip shopping center.
- The project consisted of a complete renovation of 400 LF of facade on two retail buildings with high traffic volume.
- Existing finishes were removed to make way for framing that dramatically increased the façade to 42.5 feet high. Signage areas were revamped with attractive new columns, copings, stone and exterior insulation and finish system finishes.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- A combination of a competitive bid and prior experience with the owner gave TW the edge in being selected for the project.
- TW counseled the owner in evaluating options and helped create an initial budget for the project.
Challenges and Results
- The shopping center was busy; the construction activities could not impact on the tenants’ businesses and shoppers had to be protected and unimpeded. TW had the expertise to effectively install protective tunnels, temporary signage, and parking lot fencing so access and safety were ensured.
- Construction space was tight and staging areas for materials were limited. TW carefully scheduled deliveries to include only materials that were immediately needed.
- To keep the owner fully informed on progress and ensure security, TW provided an on-site video camera.
- Since the full design team was out of town, TW factored in extra time in the schedule to ensure timely correspondence and approvals.