- The work involved transforming a former industrial space in the flight path of the Montgomery County Airpark into a 2-story, state of the art fitness club.
- Beyond an inviting member reception area, large open cardio, weight areas, and exercise spaces were created.
- The second floor was turned into group fitness studios and administrative offices.
- Upscale men’s and women’s locker facilities with showers, lockers, bathrooms and changing areas completed the first floor.
- Exterior parking areas were expanded, repaved, along with new lighting, sidewalks, windows and a feature entry to the facility.
Why Therrien Waddell
- This sole source engagement reflects the success and trust established by close collaboration with the owner on similar prior projects.
Challenges and Results
- This was a true collaboration – working with a number of client preferred vendors and suppliers.
- The second floor areas and new stairway penetrations required careful structural preparations.
- Transformation of this industrial building into an inviting social fitness gathering place has attracted all the active membership the owner could have desired.