- Construction of CSAAC’s new headquarters was accomplished in two phases:
- Phase 1: Site development and construction of a new single-story building, with complete interior build-out.
- Phase 2: 24,000 SF expansion included two additions to either side of the original structure and utility service modifications.
- TW was chosen as the negotiated construction manager at risk for all phases of construction.
- The advantages of having TW involved in pre-construction services included working with the design team and client representative on progressive work estimates, cost-saving alternatives, and development of construction solutions.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- During review of qualifications for the project, TW presented an impressive case for sensitivity to cost limitations, finding economies and meeting schedules.
- A reputation for collaboration, professionalism and service complemented TW’s experience.
Challenges and Results
- Curvilinear interior elements were designed to provide a soothing, inviting environment for clients and their families. However, the undulating curves of walls and corridors presented significant construction challenges. Careful attention was paid to detail and craftsmanship, with stunning results.
- Knowledge of local permitting and sensitive environmental requirements, along with experience in utility company coordination, expedited the schedule and yielded cost savings.