- Upper Montgomery County, MD’s first green roof building! This new 58,000 SF structure features three stories with a brick veneer wall exterior over a structural steel frame, elevators and a ground-floor lobby. Upper levels were subdivided for future office condominiums.
- TW served as Construction Manager at Risk and managed all pre-construction services involving:
- Design consultation
- Research of construction means and materials options
- Value engineering
- Management of construction through the final project completion
- This green roof project earned a financial subsidy from Montgomery County, MD and was recognized by the county internally as a model project that confirms the value of sustainable measures in storm water management.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- “We have a solid history of successful completion of projects with the owner and architect of this complex project. They depend on us to collaborate with the entire civil, architect and engineering teams and expend efforts to go beyond the traditional contractor responsibilities,” says Jerry Therrien.
Challenges and Results
- This project is a model for alternative storm water management practices. Therrien Waddell has been at the forefront of sustainability methodology for two decades, so we were prepared for the challenge of researching and designing a green roof that mitigates the need for site storm water measures and reduces run-off. The outcome? A win-win solution for the community, environment, and occupants of the new site.